I mentioned earlier how I’d taken it into my head to make matching Fishtrap sweaters for some twins we know. I’m of two minds on my progress. 1. All the sleeves are done and the first body is coming along nicely. But… 2. Ooof. A cable chart this large makes knitting rather tedious and non-portable. I do love the pattern, but it’s rather a large undertaking.
Here are all the sleeves. Obviously I’m going for similar sweaters, not identical. I got some good suggestions from the folks over at Zimmermania about dealing with my pattern free spaces and curling edges. The most commen suggestions were to use an all-over stitch pattern or a hem.
The Red sweater is going to have Fishtrap down the front and ribbing for the rest of the body. I tried moss stitch first but it didn’t do it for me. Because this is such a small sweater the ribbing shouldn’t stretch and distort too much, and I’m doing “seams” of twisted stitches to add stability.
When I get there, the blue sweater will have Fishtrap front and back and stockinette on the sides. I’ll do a hem for the bottom edge. This is the plan…. I’ll keep you posted.