I’m done whining now. After finishing skein 2 of Miss Lindsay’s dress this afternoon I took it off the needle for another progress check. The increasing looks good! YAY!!! Actually, I have no problem re-knitting stuff, it’s just getting all those stitches back on the needles.
I have two little boys (notice I’m using HotWheels to hold down the edge) so I adore making girly things for my one niece. I like how the skirt is coming along now. It should end up full and swirly. You can see some of my increase lines down the front and the wonky areas on the chest where I reknit 6 inches. Most of the unevenness should get blended in by a good wash, but if not I’ll adjust the stitches by hand.
The sleeve cables: I made this up to suit a 14 st repeat and I like all the contrasts it has. I’ll post the chart with the whole dress formula when I’m done.
And now for some real insanity. I’ve taken it into my head to make sweaters for some twins we’re friends with. Their birthday party is June 2nd. I’m going to be making twin Fishtraps. I’m not sure how it will go.
Unfortunately the needle I need for the bodies is currently making a dress. So I’m going to start a sleeve factory until Lindsay’s dress is done. Wish me luck!