I noticed this morning that I haven’t included yarn info on any of the recent projects I put here. So here we go:
Mom’s Ribwarmer: Elsebeth Lavold Silky Wool- 65% wool 35% silk. Two strands held together throughout- one plum one rust- on US 6 needles. The clasps came from Jo-ann.
Nikolai’s Ribwarmer: Red Heart worsted acrylic- light grey and spruce green on US 4 needles. Leather buttons from a old leather coat cut up to make shoes. You can see in the pic how the body taper to the shoulders and just how much I had to cut off. And the belly boobs…. Oh well.
Gabriel’s Cousin Nalgar: Handspun yarn inherited from my aunt. No idea who actually spun it all. The brown is a natural “black” sheep wool. It was really over spun and wiry but the teal is very soft and countered it well. The teal yarn came to me natural white and I dyed it last summer, tying it a bit for a mild flammegarn effect (see Nancy Bush’s fabulous Folk Socks if you don’t know what that is.) That was my first dying attempt, but hopefully not my last. Both yarns are a single ply woolen spun, approximately worsted weight. US sz. 7 needles.
We start ’em at a young age around here….