Oof. I’m beginning to think I’ve gotten in over my head. Let’s see, what am I doing?
“Fixing” Nikolai’s Wishbone Sweater. I didn’t like how long it was from armpits to shoulder so I ripped it out today, to within a couple inches from the underarm, and doubled the rate of decrease. I did something similar to Lindsay’s Wishbone but I haven’t seen her wearing it yet, so I’m not sure how well it worked. I think it’s working, the sweater looks more “right” now.
The triangle shawl. It’s getting bigger slowly. I had to rip out several inches last night since some of the yarn was off-color. Grr.
Last night I cast on a shortened Norwegian Stocking for my Mom. I’ve owed her a pair of socks since November, so I decided it had better be something really cool. Luckily for me she is a very buff runner/biker and so she can’t wear socks over her calves… her pants wouldn’t fit. My god, you should see this woman’s calves! Anyway, so I’m starting with the below-calf number of stitches, doing the top stars and proceeding directly to the decreased pattern. I hoping it will be a quick knit.